Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Rogue's Wager (Sinful Brides) by Christi Caldwell










Blurb:
 


After having read many books by Christi Caldwell I stopped reading them for a while because I felt that I knew it all. The same structure, the...well, not exactly the same people, but you get the meaning, right? Everything was wholly predictable but when I read the blurb of "The Rogue's Wager", I was intrigued and decided to try my luck.

Well, I enjoyed every single page of it. I read it straight from the first to the last page and loved it.
Of course, the story being a romance, many things are still predictable - just as I like it. But the hero and the heroine are distinct and also unusual enough that I loved them and wanted to know what happened to them.
I loved to see Helena fight for her freedom, a cage is a cage no matter how well-meant everything is. Her brothers mean well, they just don't know how to deal with things differently and Robert, well, he has a bit to learn as well but he might just get there and find something (or someone) very precious ...

The story itself was well plotted and different enough to make it an interesting read. I already knew that Christi Caldwell writes really well and this book was no exception -  well written, great story and wonderful characters make "The Rogue's Wager" a story that I really enjoyed and that I can wholeheartedly recommend.

  
★★★★

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).