Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Monday 7 November 2016

Veiled In Blue (The Emperors of London #6) - Lynne Connolly









Blurb: 


Governess Eve Merton would have fallen into serious trouble on her walk home if a handsome stranger had not stopped to help her. But when Mr. Vernon gives her a lift on his horse, he makes no secret of his attraction. As a well brought-up young lady, Eve does her best not to notice, but when he sets about courting her, she knows she’s in trouble. For she has a secret: she is the daughter of a deposed king, which means not only is she without a dowry, but also that her life is in danger…

Little does Eve know that Mr. Vernon has secrets of his own. In truth, his name is Julius, Lord Winterton, and he’s well aware that Eve is the offspring of the Old Pretender. In order to save his sister, he must convince Eve to wed—though he wants nothing to do with love. But as the two grow closer and an attempt is made on Eve’s life, Julius may realize that fighting his heart’s true desire is a battle most pleasurably surrendered…


 
I can't say how often I've read "Rogue in Red Velvet" already, the first book in the "Emperors of London"-Series and I've never realised that it is a whole (wonderful) series! Well, naturally I've tried to make up for this oversight since I've found out. "Veiled in Blue" is actually the sixth book in the series and I loved it as much as I loved "Rogue in Red Velvet".

When I started to read "Veiled in Blue", I was thrilled to meet some of my favorite characters from the "Rogue" again right at the beginning. Even though this story is the story of Julius, Lord Winterton whom we met already in "Rogue in Red Velvet" and Eve Merton, another one of the descendants of the last Stuart King of Britain, we get to meet several of the other Emperors from the former books and find out how their stories went on.

A well plotted and interesting story with wonderful, complex characters and an author who definitely knows how to write - and how to write well- this book captured me right from the first page on and kept me glued to my reader till the very last page. And then I went and bought the next book (backwards) in the series because I just had to know what happend to everyone between the first and the sixth book. I'm still working on it but this
series as well as this book are really highly recommendable. Each of the books can be read as a stand-alone but I guess that my example shows that this won't do for long and that you'll probably want to read all the others as well once you've started.

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).