Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 23 March 2017

A Special Obsession by A.M. Hargrove










Blurb:

From the author of For The Love of English, comes a new a stand-alone contemporary romance.

Rule Number One: Never let anyone get too close…

Weston Wyndham has more money on his tattooed wrist than I’ll ever have in my bank account.

Drunk, he was gorgeous, wicked, sexy… an inked god.
Sober, he is the most arrogant man ever.

If he thinks I’m going to let him order me around like one of his servants, he’s wrong. If he wants me to date him after all this, he’s out of his mind. I don’t care how rich he is, or that he drives a Ferrari and a fancy truck. Those walls I put up are there for a reason … and they were built to last.

But he’s relentless, and hot, and it turns out he likes his girls a little fiery. Giving in doesn’t have to mean disaster—unless I break my number one rule.

Special O’Malley is a handful. With a name like that, she ought to be. Sassy as hell, bossing me around, but damn if I don’t deserve it.

I’m used to getting my way, dealing with difficult people, only she’s not buying any of it. Usually my money attracts women. Not Special. She doesn’t give a damn about it … or me.

There’s more than one stubborn player in this game. I have a few tricks up my sleeve and I’m not planning on giving up any time soon … at least not until I’m between her thighs, making her moan. And those concrete walls she has … I have news for her. Concrete crumbles if you strike at the right place.



I really enjoyed For the Love of English by A.M.Hargrove but I loved A Special Obsession even more.

Special (yes, that is her name, really...) and Weston are wonderful characters with an amazing chemistry and I really loved to see how Special helped Weston to spread his wings and to find his own way, away from his ....indescribable....parents (who are just amazing - at least if you really really want to hate somebody....). Weston is really nice but he has to grow up a bit more and to learn to stand up for himself and those he cares for. Cody, Special's adoptive son and Mimi, her grandmother are also great characters but I also loved the other minor characters a lot.

It was great so see Special start to trust Weston and I loved to see Weston open up as well. Both of them need love and people who care for them in their life. Mimi and Cody are wonderful but, well, every girl needs someone special in her life, right? Even the owner of "Special's Stripper Squad" - if such a squad existed. And the lap wasn't out of order. And.. well. 

Interesting characters and an interesting and gripping plot with many twists and turns that kept me glued to my ereader - this book was great. Action packed, fast-paced and gripping and at the same time sweet and one of those books that make you sport some really goofy grins because it's just so very sweet and nice and...*sigh*

★★★★
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).