Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 19 April 2017

A Fine Gentleman (The Jonquil Brothers #4) by Sarah M. Eden











Blurb: 

 

Okay, this book and I? We had a really rocky start. The first third of the book I was a bit annoyed because I thought that a lot of the story was too constructed, I kept asking myself why, oh why she just didn't ask her good friend Stanley for introductions and why was Jason too stupid to realize who she was referring to and well, you get the gist, right?

And then, somehow, despite the never again mentioned prized stallion and other things that just....well, tickled my mind...the book drew me in and I didn't care about those things anymore because I enjoyed the story and those wonderful characters far too much!
From that moment on, I didn't put the reader down till I had the last page. And I know that I'll definitely read this book again. The story was nice. In the beginning it felt as if it was all set just for the effect of being funny but it began to feel more intense and the characters became much more complex and I really really wanted to know what had happened and what would happen and kept reading.

I loved that even the minor characters were interesting and well drawn and I simply loved Jason and Mariposa.

Our rocky start definitely led to more than a "mutual understanding" and I'm looking forward to other books by the author as well.

 ★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).