Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Sunday 25 June 2017

Authors at the RARE 17 and their books (Jo Raven/Lauren Rowe//Emma Scott/April White) #RARE17




Jo Raven was another author who I had been looking forward to meeting at the RARE because I've read (and loved) many many books by her.
Her latest book is Caveman. I haven't read that one yet but I've read most of her books in the Inked Brotherhood Series and the Damage Control Series and I've read her book Riot which is, I think, my favorite up to know. One of those books that you re-read every now and then because they are THAT good. Oh, do you see the swag? How could anyone resist a condom with a caveman on it?😉
Oh, if you prefer a book in German, some of her books, Asher and Tyler are available in German as well.

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺


Lauren Rowe is an author whose books I discovered while preparing myself (and my shelves) for the RARE Berlin. I hadn't heard about her up to then but her books sounded intriguing and judging by the first
few pages they also seemed to be well-written so I started to read them - and ended up buying her latest book Captain and another one of her stand-alone novels Ball Peen Hammer at the RARE. If you prefer a series, you might want to check out her Club Series, they sound really promising as well. The Club Series is also available in German.
It was really nice to meet her and I was thrilled to find another great author whose books I'd never have found if it hadn't been for the RARE!




🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺


I love Emma Scott's novel Rush which I read first in January 2016 and re-read almost right away. Somehow I never thought of looking for other books by her and was pleasantly surprised when I realized that there are other books in this series. The next one that I'll read will definitely be her book Love Beyond Words. When I prepared this post, I found I completely forgot to take a photo of her, when I was talking to her. Instead of a photo of her, you'll have to take a photo of the magnet with the cover of her latest novel Sugar & Gold instead.

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺


April White is not just an interesting character herself, considering her résumé but also very nice and I really enjoyed talking to her. WhenI talked to her I had just started to read her book Marking Time, which has also been translated into German.
Marking Time is also the 2016 Library Journal Indie Award-winner for YA so you might want to check it out yourself. I think it is definitely worth a look. 


I know that there is so much more to tell about each author but I just thought that perhaps you might find some authors that are new to you and who have just written your next favorite books!If you haven't found them yet, don't worry, there are still some authors left!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).