Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 12 September 2017

The Traitor's Club: Hugh by Laura Landon










Blurb:

Hugh Wythers was a man of great promise, but none would know it. Recently returned from the Crimea, he found his only delight in the midnight playgrounds of London. And why not? War had taught him to live every day to the fullest. And then his father cut off his funds. Reeling from the predicament in which he found himself, he fell head over arse—literally—into the arms of the perfect wife. The homely, unmarriageable Lady Annalise Lyman.


This book was so sweet and Nellie and Hugh, our hero and our heroine are such wonderful characters, I really loved this book. From the first page on, it took me in and kept me glued to my reader. The only times I put my reader down was when I was searching for handkerchiefs or sniffing and grinning like a fool. Nellie or rather Lady Annalise is really sweet and I was very happy to see that Hugh is more considerate and more honorable than his reputation (and his lack of drunken charme) made me fear.

When Annalise is looking for the chance to help her brother and sister, she approaches Hugh who has some problems of his own to solve. Maybe her idea might be the solution to his problem as well?
You just have to love a woman like Nellie. She is so sweet and lovable, always ready to help and a hard worker and it makes me furious when she is insecure because she is not a beauty in the eyes of society. Seeing Hugh discover just how much of a gem she is and how beautiful she is at heart - I loved it.

Of course, I was upset when Nellie had this idea of protecting herself but I hoped (desperately) that everything would turn out well and that those two would find love and happiness.
And, well, let's just say that I started to reread the first book in the series the moment I finished this book and, well, then I reread Hugh's and Nellie's story as well, of course.
Well-written, well-plotted and absolutely charming - I loved reading this book and can definitely recommend it.


 ★★★★★





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).