Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Blocked by L.P. Dover










Blurb:

He’s got every reason to be cocky . . . until a female cuts him down to size.
 
I’m Dallas Easton, the best goaltender in the league. I make a damn good living playing hockey, and with women falling at my feet wherever I go, why not enjoy it? I get whatever I want, whenever I want—that is, until I come across the one player who gets the best of me on the ice.
 
When I try to pummel the dude, all hell breaks loose. Imagine my surprise when the helmet comes off to reveal a woman underneath. And not just any woman, but the sexiest woman I’ve ever seen. Callie Davis is the complete opposite of the puck bunnies I usually go for, a good girl with sick moves and a selfless streak a mile wide. I need to make amends, but she dodges me at every turn. It doesn’t help that Callie’s brother hates my guts, or that my agent thinks she’s bad for my career.
 
But I could care less what they think. I can’t let our little run-in on the ice be the end of our story. Because when I set my sights on something, I won’t rest until I score.



Wow, I loved the story even though I was very often tempted to kick Dallas' behind.
I get it that hockey is tough and aggressive and so on, really, but seriously, this guy has some problems - and he'd do well with some anger management classes. Apart from his aggressive behavior, I loved to see him fight for Callie's love.

Both of them are very honest in their reactions and I really like the fact that they don't play games. Dallas makes mistakes but once he has decided on a course, he stays true to it. Reading about his interactions with kids and, of course, with Callie, goes a long way to redeem him in my eyes. The chemistry between the Callie and Dallas is great, you can feel that she falls for him - even though it's the last thing she really wants.
You see, it's not just that he behaves like a neanderthal when she meets him, nope, that just tops it off but the fact that her brother hates him, well, that doesn't make it easy for him to win her and convince her that he could be the one.
Will he be stubborn and persistent enough to get Callie to go on a date with him?

I laughed a lot and I liked the characters on the whole but I must admit that Dallas' behavior, blowing up the way he does as often as he does, left me a bit at a loss because I wouldn't want any friend of mine date someone that volatile. Dallas and Callie together are very sweet and I don't think that he would hurt her but...well.
All in all, I really enjoyed reading this book and I'm definitely looking forward to the other books in the series.

★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).