Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Holiday Romance Blitz #SMPUnwrapped



Looking for just the right kind of book to get in the mood for Christmas?

Seven wonderful, very christmassy reads are waiting for you:







A beautiful book about second chances, about guilt and about closure. And it is also a book about a young woman who doesn't give up and who may be the one to help George find happiness again. Even though the people of Darling have tried to help George back on his feet when he had lost his way after everything he lived through, happiness and a real life were still out of his reach.

When Amy finds her way into his heart, you feel with them. You can understand his inability to accept everything that has happened, you understand Amy when she tries to find out what exactly happened and why George never came back and it is wonderful to see both of them find closure and see how their lives are going to change.

A short Q&A with Donna Alward:
When do the holidays officially start for you?
December 1 - or the weekend just preceding it. That's when we get out the decorations and go crazy.
What's your favorite thing about the holidays?
THE MOVIES. I love sitting with my kids (who are of the nearly-adult variety) and watching holiday movies with a glass of wine or hot cocoa.
Are there any holiday traditions you do every year without fail?
Tons! There are certain things we bake. We have a whole bunch of Christmas Eve traditions, including a barbecue (steak!), putting presents under the tree, going for a drive to see the lights, and watching The Polar Express. And even at their age, they still ask me to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
What's your favorite holiday movie?
I have too many - my fave depends on my mood. Top contenders: Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, White Christmas, Love Actually, The Polar Express.
Do you have a favorite holiday book?
Hmmm. I don't tend to re-read holiday themed books, but I'll confess that I have a soft spot for any (all) of the Christmas books in the Chesapeake Shores series. Those O'Briens... :)
What's your all-time favorite holiday song?
Nat King Cole's version of The Christmas Song. Simplicity and nostalgia all rolled into one smooth voice.
What's your favorite activity during fall or winter?
Cozy nights with a glass of wine and a book. LOL! Seriously though, I miss living near the Rockies, because the skiing there spoiled me for anywhere else.
What's your favorite gift you've ever received or given?
One year my sister put together a recipe book with our mom's fave recipes over the years. She added some of her own, too, but if I want something that Mom used to make back in the eighties? It's in that book!
Do you have any items on your wish list this year?
Yes! Yoga socks, books, and a kindle.
Any resolutions or goals for next year?
Do better. :)



*****


 With This Christmas Ring by Manda Collins

Oh, I loved this book! And I was upset and furious when I learned what had happened all those years ago when Alex and Merry's betrothal was broken and...well, some other things. I mean...right, it is a very engaging story and I loved to see Christmas (and love) work their magic when those who were in love found each other and when a sweet little baby finds a loving father and maybe even a loving family. Christmas - the time for second chances - and wonderful, heartwarming books that are best read sitting in a cozy armchair, with a cup of tea at your side and a roaring fireplace in front of you.

Another Q&A, this time with Manda Collins:
When do the holidays officially start for you?
The first frosty morning when there's a nip in the air and I can feel that winter is on the way. I love that feeling!
What's your favorite thing about the holidays?
Getting together with family and friends is the best. We don't necessarily see one another all that much during the year, but we all make time during the holidays.
Are there any holiday traditions you do every year without fail?
I listen to carols sung by the King's College Choir every year and spend at least one day boiling cloves and spices on the stove to get the house smelling like Christmas.
What's your favorite holiday movie?
The Thin Man starring Myrna Loy and William Powell as Nick and Nora Charles. (Of course MY favorite holiday movie has witty repartee and murder in it!)
Do you have a favorite holiday book?
That would be Christmas Angel by Jo Beverley. It's one of her early Company of Rogues books and I love the way Lucien and Beth and her children become a family over the course of the story.
What's your all-time favorite holiday song?
The Holly and the Ivy.
What's your favorite activity during fall or winter?
I'm not really the outdoor type (though I have been known to go outdoors) so I like to snuggle up inside with a cup of hot chocolate and read. Or knit.
What's your favorite gift you've ever received or given?
My grandmother gave me the gift of the love of reading. It's the best thing I've ever been given.
Do you have any items on your wish list this year?
I'm at an age now where the things I wish for aren't material (though obviously there are some that I'd like--a new car, for instance) but stuff like health and for my family to be safe and happy. I wouldn't turn down a pretty scarf, though!
Any resolutions or goals for next year?
Just to keep writing books that my audience enjoys reading!


Do you want to learn more about the other books in this holiday blitz? 

Come back tomorrow - and believe me, you'll love them all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).