Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Sunday 7 January 2018

The Duke of Ice (The Untouchables #7) by Darcy Burke #TheDukeOfIce #NetGalley









Blurb: 

Everyone Nicholas Bateman ever loved has died. Except Violet Caulfield, which must mean he never loved her. Nine years after she threw him over to marry a viscount, Nick is a widowed duke who prefers isolation. When a friend convinces him to leave his lair of self-imposed solitude, he considers taking another wife, provided she agrees to his terms: no emotional attachment of any kind.

Now widowed, Lady Violet Pendleton hopes for a second chance with the man she’s always loved. But she isn’t prepared for the desolation in his soul or the animosity he still bears toward her. Despite those obstacles, it’s clear their passion hasn’t dimmed. However, the heat between them isn’t enough to melt the Duke of Ice, and this time Violet may find herself the jilted party. Can love, once so tragically lost, finally be found?


Ugh, this review wasn't easy to write. Up to now, I've read all the books in this series and really enjoyed reading them. Somehow this book....well, I can't say that I didn't like it but it took me ages to read it and even though I loved Violet and understood (mostly) where Nicholas and his icy demeanor are coming from, I was annoyed with the book almost as often as I enjoyed reading it. 

The action was bit slow, the hard feelings were obviously very hard to let go and I often felt that Violet might have been better off without Nicholas. 

I loved Nicholas' friend Simon, the Duke of Ruin, though and I am looking forward to his book very much but somehow the Duke of Ice...well, perhaps there was too much ice involved because I really couldn't get into this book.

I must admit that I was a bit upset because I really loved the other books and have reread several of them already but the Duke of Ice won't be among those, I fear. If you loved the other book in this series you will want to know more about Nicholas and Violet so you will have to read it, of course, but if you haven't read any other books by Darcy Burke or in this series before, this book might not be the best place to start.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).