Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Demon Ember (Resurrection Chronicles Book 1) by M.J. Haag and Becca Vincenza








  Demon Ember  by M.J. Haag and Becca Vincenza


Blurb:

Mya’s world is falling apart. After a series of earthquakes, deadly animals with glowing red eyes begin attacking people and start the spread of a zombie-like plague. Safety is just a memory as she tries to make her way home. When a different creature attacks the people helping her reach Oklahoma City, Mya is sure she’ll never see the light of another day.

Despite his eerie yellow eyes and very sharp teeth, the grey-skinned creature is more intelligent and humanlike than he first appears. He’s determined to keep Mya by his side and protect her from the new world’s dangers. When his path starts taking her further away from home, she must choose between safety and her family.

**Recommended for adult readers
***Part 1 of 3



Wow, this book drew me in from the first page on! I couldn't put it down till the end, taking my reader with me everywhere I went. It was really amazing! At the beginning, I didn't really know what to expect but having read other books by Melissa Haag and Becca Vincenza, I knew that I love her books so I just trusted that this one would be as good as the others.

I don't know how many times I did burst out laughing and that night found me lying in my bed and giggling everytime I thought of the book. And...bees. Definitely bees. And other b-related things.

That part was amazing, obviously, but the story is not just funny but also thrilling and captivating and I just read on and on and couldn't stop because I had to know... Right. I had to know.
I like the way the authors build up the tension, like our heroine Mya, you only get glimpses of what is happening, and believe me, there are some seriously strange things going on.

Strange earthquakes? Check.
Zombie-producing attacks by deadly dogs? Check.
Strange, equally deadly creatures turning up? Check.

Okay, when one of those strangers is interested in Mya, she (and I with her) is a bit wary of him because, well, let's just say that people who can kill other people that easily are usually the kind of people that you should be wary of. At least - under normal circumstances, right?
Only there is nothing normal when you are in the middle of a Zombie-Apocalypse.
Traveling with a travel buddy like Drav was definitely nothing that Mya could have imagined a few days earlier but with Drav protecting her, she might even make it to the place where the rest of her family is waiting for her alive. Perhaps.

The next book in the series can't come soon enough because I can't wait to see what happens to Mya and Drav whom we left in a rather ...difficult... place at the end of the book.

★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).